The Integration Toolkit
Today, seamless tool chains are rarely found. Most projects rely on heterogeneous tool chains, consisting of a mixture of best-of-breed tools from different vendors, inexpensive open-source tools and ad-hoc solutions (like Excel lists, for example). However, even expensive “integrated development environments” fall short of providing seamless traceability.
ModelIntegra can serve as a universal, model-based integration tool, providing full traceability for artefacts managed by various specification and development tools.
Advantages and Features
- Lightweight, model-based integration approach, based on the creation of proxy elements for artefacts of other tools.
- Graphical specification of relationships between different artefacts (like business functions, requirements, use cases, test cases etc.) in order to support traceability reports.
- Added, changed or deleted elements are handled appropriately (e.g. by labeling deleted requirements as obsolete).
- Extensible architecture based on open interfaces to other tools and file formats.
- Implemented as plugin for arbitrary UML CASE tools (currently, IBM Rational RSA and No Magic MagicDraw UML).
- Open-source implementation with professional support by 4Soft GmbH allows for own extensions and adaptations.